Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Access:Quick Reflection

I am extremely impressed with the My Access online writing program. We spent time in class today discussing its advantages and disadvantages. I personally do not see flaws with the program (we had a one hour demonstration, so there wasn't really an opportunity to find the flaws). Any aspect of the program which may seem like the computer is doing all the work can be disabled. However, the prewriting tools and tips are used effectively and I feel they should be as the students' fingertips.

I can see myself integrating this program into my curriculum. I will be teaching history, and assigning writing prompts using this site will make my life easier (and will also make me look technologically savvy!)


Check it out!
http://www.myaccess.com/myaccess/do/log

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

I am so glad you love this program... As we discussed in class, it really is a writing (not technology) program. And if you really want to take the computer out of the equation, it can be done. Yet, why would we? ;) Should we also throw our cell phones in the ocean and go back to pay phones?

Just being silly...

Have fun in Rome!